Monday, June 4, 2012

Gwizz Creations

Gina Hayes sent us some pictures of her Frame-It-Up Satchels she has been making and boy are they cute! Here is a little background on Gina! 
       "I have been selling them to girlfriends and now their mothers as well! I haven't done anything online yet. My sis-in-law is planning a "purse party" for me, so that will be fun and a little stressful! I do plan on taking this purse thing farther, adding others items as time goes. I have been sewing since I was 12.......ah so that would be over 40+ years!! My mother was an excellent seamstress she taught herself out of self preservation as a military wife living at a remote military station of Samoa back in the 40"s and no shopping malls to purchase nice things. As the same with me...sorta.....I wanted more clothes, I am one of 7 children 3 girls and 4 boys, so you see I didn't have a closet full of clothes, and I wore a uniform to private school!! So my mothers obviously inspired me! I started small, skirts with elastic waste..no zippers yet, then "shifts" still no zippers. But it didn't take long and I was well on my way! I would save a little money, and buy some fabric then make something. In summer school I took a Home Ec class (yes these were offered then) and the project was a dress, so I by myself no mother to guild me, ( I had to do this myself)   I bought fabric and pattern!! And all the notions to make this. When I finished it it was so large!!! My teacher realized I had bought a size 14 Women's and I was a 14 little girl!! So that didn't stop me, I re-made the dress and learned how to "taylor" and a valuable lesson to ask for guidance!! I have worked in fabric stores as a new wife, then when children I was making their clothes and then from there it just progressed to quilting, which I have been doing and teaching others to quilt for many years! I started making these bags a few months ago when I found the purse pattern from your company and have gone CRAZY!! so the life of this bag has taken me to where I am today! I love the whole design and thread painting I am doing on these, and I don't rush anyone of them, they take on a life of their own." - Gina
        Thank you so much for sharing all these great bags with us! Keep up the outstanding work!

1 comment: