Monday, July 30, 2012

Bia Bernum's Classic For Moms Diaper Bag

Bia writes a fantastic called Ms. Elaineous! She made up the Classic for Moms Diaper Bag out of Star Wars Fabric! She writes, with great detail, about the products she used, including Scrim Backed FoamSoft and Stable and Sun N' Shade Fabric. Head over to her post for all the details and more pictures! Here is a little about Bia (Elaine is her alter-ego!): I believe that homemade is well-made. With some time and practice, I think we all can sew beautiful things. I have been sewing most of my adult life and have gone through many periods of growth and change. In 1995, I bought a house and a new (very old and used) Singer Touch and Sew. My love for sewing really took off. It seems that home ownership kicks me into sewing mode! I began designing and selling my own line of purses (called Ms. Elaineous) at boutiques and festivals. It was great fun and supplemented my college professor salary; plus it was more enjoyable than summer teaching! In 2009, I decided to take my two loves - teaching and sewing - and combine them. I became a Trained Sewing Instructor through the Sewing & Craft Alliance and opened a sewing and fiber arts studio in Corning, NY called Sew You Can. For three years I taught men, women, and kids to sew. Although it was a lot of fun, in 2012 I closed up shop and started this blog."
Thank you so much for sharing this bag with us Bia! It turned out great! Everyone else, go check out her amazing blog! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my diaper bag! Baby Gus is due mighty soon and dad loves this ...so I guess it's a Classic for Dads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! Great blog! Great tutorials!

    ReplyDelete